Adding multiple users is much faster if importing from a spreadsheet.
Optional: Create extra columns for positions, ex: Director, Officer, etc, this is where you will add the position titles for the positions ex: put Chair in the Officer column
Emails addresses must be in the correct format (example - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Note that the email address is the unique identifier. This allows adding contacts with the same name as long as their email addresses are different.
Add names, emails, and titles for users in the corresponding columns.
If adding a user - Alex Baldwin, who is an officer with the title Chair, and an email address email@example.com.
Enter Alec in the First Name Column, Baldwin in the Last Name column, firstname.lastname@example.org in the email column and Chair in the officerTitle column.
Each user's information can be edited after uploaded and any user can have more than one title.
For example, a user could be a director and an owner/member.
Note: Only CSV file formats (.CSV) can be uploaded into BoardSpace.
Go to Board Settings
Click on "Manage Users" (located on left-hand side menu)
Click on Options and select "Add Multiple Users"
Click the button Upload csv file
Users must be added with a first name, last name and email address.
Under First Name select from the dropdown the column heading title that contains your users' first names. Follow the same procedure for Last Name and Email.
- Changing the dropdown mappings resets the names, position titles, etc.
- The list of added users shows after the first three fields are mapped.
Users must have at least one position (but could have more than one).
If the spreadsheet
(a) included positions
(b) did not include positions
- Start by assigning some users as Admins - click on Admin tab
- To add a position to every user click the checkbox beside the title of the position (Officer, Director, etc) to select every user, fill in the title as desired (Administrator is added for Admins - no custom title can be added)
- To add a position to one user toggle the switch to on and enter a title
- Continue until all added users have at least one position.
- The number in the brackets beside the position title is the number of people currently assigned to that position
- Click on Import
Reasons for User Upload Failure